[Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hampshire LUG into 201…

Author: Lisi Reisz
Subject: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hampshire LUG into 2017
Happy New Year everyone! May we all be healthy, wealthy and wise. Or anyhow
healthy!

The last meeting of 2016 of the Portsmouth and South East Hampshire LUG was a
most enjoyable one. Thomas Kluyver gave us an interesting short talk on
D-Bus. The slides and some added information will go up on the website by
tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, Thomas.

Various people “solved” various problems and much of the IT world was put to
rights.

We were *slightly* short on space. :-)

For our first meeting of 2017 we have a treat in store. Dr. Adam Trickett
will be talking on Remote Desktop Administration.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201701.html

Those of you who have heard him before, know what a very enjoyable and
knowledgeable speaker Adam is. I look forward to welcoming him with a big
audience. Hopefully our wandering members will be back from Thailand,
deepest Devon and ?Timbuctoo?. ;-)

And a Raspberry Pi is due to receive a new micro-SD reader, in order to
prolong its life. ;-)

Please note that the time of the talks at our meetings is not fixed. It
depends on what else is happening, and the speaker's convenience: but they
are in the second half of the meeting, as a rule. The present state of
Southern Rail can produce some sudden changes.

Lisi

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???