[Hampshire] HTTPS Certificate problem

Author: Stephen Davies via Hampshire
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] HTTPS Certificate problem
Along with the general move to using HTTPS I configured my webserver to
allow HTTPS connections.

However one of my users reported this error.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The
certificate is only valid for bonzo.lan The certificate expired on 21
January 2017 at 13:51. The current time is 1 February 2017 at 20:49.
Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Some expert guidance on how I can resolve this would be most welcome.
The system was built just over a year ago hence the certificate expiry.
As it said, the cert currently in use is self signed but as yet I've not
explicitly done anything regarding certs in the webserver.

Thanks,
Stephen Davies.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???