Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry Pi based Air quality monitoring pr…

Author: Thomas Kluyver
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry Pi based Air quality monitoring project
On Tue, May 9, 2017, at 10:19 AM, Roger Munford via Hampshire wrote:
> They have raced ahead developing the monitor but have now reached the
> point of early deployment and have come against an unexpected problem.
> How to organise themselves. They are about to receive some grant funding
> but need some sort of organisation to account for cash flow, insurance
> and some expenses so far small but becoming significant. They want to be
> non profit making and totally open source as you would expect butt hey
> need advice on a structure. Any suggestions?

It might be sufficient to organise as a university society - it's not
unusual for student societies to handle some money. The sailing robot
project I presented a couple of months ago is organised as the 'Maritime
Robotics Student Society', and we were able to accept some money from
the university and manage it through the university finance system.

I don't know much about the organisational side of our project, but I
could put them in touch with the people who do if they want to know more
about what we did.

Thomas

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???