Re: [Hampshire] problem installing silentcast

Author: Gareth Evans
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] problem installing silentcast
This might help but first see important notes at

https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/trusty-media

It looks like using this repo may cause other issues, but depending on what else you have installed or might wish to install in future, it may be suitable for you.
By the approach at

https://www.faqforge.com/linux/how-to-install-ffmpeg-on-ubuntu-14-04/

you can use apt-get to install and remove if/when desired, instead of using dpkg, if that's more familiar.
The Universe repo should be listed as a tick box in the first (Ubuntu Software) tab of Software & Updates, in system settings. There is a description for each repo before the name in brackets at the end.
Hope that helps.