Re: [Hampshire] Windows problem

Author: Peter Collins
To: Roger Munford, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Windows problem
Hi Roger,

On 13 January 2018 at 17:09, Roger Munford via Hampshire <
hampshire@???> wrote:

> I think that the permissions have been changed. I traced the fault back to
> Windows being unable to create a temporary file.
>
> When I try to copy a file with windows explorer I get "This security ID
> may not be assigned as the owner of this object".
>
> The PC is part of a windows domain and l think the user logs in as
> administrator.

This is definitely a permission issue on the folder the temporary file is
being written to, what is the folders location? and when you say the user
is an administrator is that a domain admin or local admin?

Either way I suspect someone has been tidying up accounts and reduced your
user to domain user / taken away admin rights (either domain or local) or
the location the file is written to has had its permissions tighten up,
although in my personal experience most windows admins just give everyone
full control and be done with it (may be that is changing).

Hope this helps a little

Rgds

Peter.
--