Re: [Hampshire] Windows problem

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: rogermunford, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Windows problem
On 13 Jan 2018 17:09, "Roger Munford via Hampshire" <
hampshire@???> wrote:

Sorry to sully the content of the list with a windows problem but somebody
could be well versed in this sort of thing and it may be a trivial solution.

I will also try and make it up next week with an interesting invitation to
the list.

Years ago I wrote an Epos programme which runs on the pos version of
Windows XP and has worked for years until last week.

I think that the permissions have been changed. I traced the fault back to
Windows being unable to create a temporary file.

When I try to copy a file with windows explorer I get "This security ID
may not be assigned as the owner of this object".

The PC is part of a windows domain and l think the user logs in as
administrator.

Hi,

This could be down to a windows policy change.

There are policy settings that prevent using a global temp folder and
enforce the temp folder being created in the user's home folder.

It might be better to change your program's behaviour so that any files it
needs to create are put in the user's home folder.

Kind regards

James
--
Please post to: Hampshire@???