Re: [Hampshire] libgtk-1.2.so.0

Author: Peter Alefounder
To: hampshire
CC: Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] libgtk-1.2.so.0
On 11 May, 2018 at 17:09 James Courtier-Dutton said:
> On 11 May 2018 at 16:34, Peter Alefounder via Hampshire<hampshire@???.
> > I am trying to use an old program called moonlight. I get the message:
> > error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared
> > object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > I can't find libgtk-1.2.so.0 anywhere - is it still available? I would
> > need a 64 bit AMD version.
>
> You could try installing an old 32bit version in a chroot shell, or a VM.

How would I do that? I have found moonlite.rpm on an old SUSE 7.3 disk, but
not at all to my surprise, can't install it:
GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code20:
MIME type not supported

Attempting to run the executable file directly results in:
./moonlight: error while loading shared libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

even with libXext.so.6 and libXext.so.6.4 in the same directory.

> Is that moonlight, as in the open source version of microsoft silverlight?

I don't know, but a quick web search for silverlight leads me to think it is
not. The original question was about the moonlight 3D drawing program
available from tucows and archive.org -

www.tucows.com/preview/52256/Moonlight-Atelier
archive.org/details/tucows_52256_Moonlight_Atelier

> It is not actively developed any more, so might be difficult to get going.
> Do you really have to use moonlight?

Good question. The capability I am looking for is to create a 3d object
and tile an image on to the surface thereof.

Peter Alefounder.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???