Re: [Hampshire] libgtk-1.2.so.0

Author: Peter Alefounder
To: hampshire
CC: Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] libgtk-1.2.so.0
James Courtier-Dutton said:
> There are multiple Linux tools that can do that.
> A popular one is "blender"

I do not have the correct versions of libc.so.6 and libm.so.6 for
blender. An attempt to install a new libc resulted in further errors:
GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code20:
MIME type not supported

That was from an rpm version; I have not found a Debian file for it.

Alan Pope said:
> Maybe it might be easier to get a newer version from their website,
> although they haven't done any updates for a while.
>
> I found a tarball on their download page at
> http://www.moonlight3d.eu/downloads.html

That's the java version. It was never as well developed as the
original Moonlight Atelier. I had no problem installing and running
that, but I can not find any way to put an image on to a surface,
tiled or otherwise. Perhaps you know otherwise, but I suspect that
capability is not there. There appears to be no documentation,
which is in accord with the best traditions of Moonlight Atelier
and Real Programming.

I have acquired virtualbox. I will see if I can install SUSE 7.3 in
it from a CD.

Thanks to all for the advice and comments.

Peter Alefounder.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???