Re: [Hampshire] libgtk-1.2.so.0

Author: Daniel Llewellyn via Hampshire
To: Peter Alefounder, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Daniel Llewellyn
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] libgtk-1.2.so.0
On Wed, 16 May 2018 at 12:10, Peter Alefounder via Hampshire <
hampshire@???> wrote:

> James Courtier-Dutton said:
> > There are multiple Linux tools that can do that.
> > A popular one is "blender"
>
> I do not have the correct versions of libc.so.6 and libm.so.6 for
> blender. An attempt to install a new libc resulted in further errors:
> GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code20:
>
> MIME type not supported

​You really don't want to be messing with libc if you can avoid it. There
be dragons for the unwary.​

That was from an rpm version; I have not found a Debian file for it.

​Blender should be in the debian archives to install via apt, or if you
fancy trying the new hotness you can get it as a snap.

If you go the snap route:
- On debian, for snaps you'll need to install snapd from the archive.
- On Ubuntu you should have it already.

Once you have snapd installed, run `sudo snap install blender`, log out and
back in again and everything should be set.​

--
Dan.