Re: [Hampshire] Webcam that works well with Debian Stable

Author: James Courtier-Dutton via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: James Courtier-Dutton
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Webcam that works well with Debian Stable
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018, 12:33 Artur Łądka via Hampshire, <
hampshire@???> wrote:

> I checked what guvcview is, and it seems like something we tested. C920
> was working in some GTK+ app, which COULD BE guvcview - in this app you
> can adjust some settings to make it working, but when streaming from
> headless server using VLC or when using default video module in
> Raspberry Pi QT app it was not working because of some compatibility
> problems. I did not test it recently (we are using another webcam for
> development) but have to check if works on newest Debian release.
>
> On the other hand, C920 is a very good webcam, and if it works - it
> works great - no problems with sound or video quality.

Usb web cams tend to all use the standardised uvc usb profile so they
should all just work.
Another alternative is a network web cam, that also all use standard
protocols that work with ffmpeg / mplayer / xine etc.
--
Please post to: Hampshire@???