Re: [Hampshire] Configuring Sendmail to Internet

Author: Simon Reap via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Simon Reap
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Configuring Sendmail to Internet
On 01/08/2018 11:35, David Anderson via Hampshire wrote:
>> On 30/07/2018 21:20, Imran Chaudhry via Hampshire wrote:
>>> I'm maintaining a server that configured using Sendmail to send
>>> outbound mail to the Internet via a Smart Host, eg.
>>>
> You have to be careful about which ISP you use. Zen Internet have told
> me that they will disconnect me if they see me using my own mail server
> through their smarthost

ssmtp is not a mail server - it essentially provides the same
functionality as a mail client to send emails (but not receive them),
and is callable from scripts and is easily configured to talk to an
existing mail server. I'm pretty sure that Mythic Beasts will regard
this as normal, and not threaten disconnection!

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???