Re: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG meeting …

Author: Paul Tansom via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Paul Tansom
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG meeting Saturday, 18th August 2018
** Victor Churchill via Hampshire <hampshire@???> [2018-08-16 23:14]:
> G'day all,
>
> Is there any chance that someone could bring along a Debian Jessie bootable
> installation disc? I managed to make my big Jessie laptop unbootable when I
> attempted to revert a botched apt upgrade, so I fear a new install is
> needed and don't have any machine with a DVD writer at the moment.
> (Fortunately /home is on its own partition so shouldn't be affected,
> though I should try to get a proper backup done too)

<snip>
** end quote [Victor Churchill via Hampshire]

I'm not going to be there myself, but I've dropped a copy of disk on of
the latest Debian 8.11 (Jessie) in the box - I'm assuming the laptop has
a CD/DVD drive in it to install from.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | https://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001
Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch | http://www.fsb.org.uk/