Re: [Hampshire] what to do with a dead imac

Author: Paul Stimpson via Hampshire
To: Peter B. via Hampshire
CC: Paul Stimpson
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] what to do with a dead imac
Hi,
Which graphics card is it? There seem to be quite a lot of various vintage used iMac video cards on eBay.
Cheers,Paul.

------ Original message------From: Peter B. via Hampshire Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:54To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List;Cc: Peter B.;Subject:Re: [Hampshire] what to do with a dead imac
yeah. Rip out the old mobo. switch a roo.If you can get something nice and tidy fitting no reason y u can't reuse the case, screen etc
On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:10 David Anderson via Hampshire, <hampshire@???> wrote:
On 17/09/18 11:06, Roger Munford via Hampshire wrote:

> We have a old 21" imac which has died due to a a failed video card and

> a repair would not have been cost effective.

> It is however still a very elegant computer and I was wondering if

> there was any creative suggestions for re use.

> Thanks

> Roger

Put a Raspberry Pi into it ;)

--