[Hampshire] From ADSL to VDSL (BT Internet)

Author: Rob Malpass via Hampshire
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
CC: Rob Malpass
Subject: [Hampshire] From ADSL to VDSL (BT Internet)
Hi all

I've been offered a free (completely) upgrade from BT ADSL "Total Broadband"
to "BT Infinity". As 0 extra cost - why wouldn't I (That's a rhetorical
question - not the one I seek answers to!)

As part of the agreement over the phone I was told my old BT Hub would be
replaced. but this has got me thinking.

At present, my master socket (dining room) has an extension into the study
so I can make phone calls from the study. Into the study's extension is
plugged a phone and an ASDL micro filter. The BT Hub is plugged into the
ADSL micro filter in the study. BT tell me that the new router they're
sending

a)    Simply replaces the existing router (so would be plugged into the ADSL
micro filter in the study)

b)    That I can connect this new router as soon as it arrives.

I'm not sure I believe this. I was told that VDSL modems need to be
connected to the master socket - not an extension. As such, I'll need to
uninstall the router in the study and put the new router directly into the
master in the dining room.

Does anyone know definitively?

Cheers

Rob