Re: [Hampshire] Printers

Author: Ian Park via Hampshire
To: Owain via Hampshire
CC: Ian Park
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Printers
When we had grief with an HP OfficeJet 8100 printer throwing a wobbly
with non OEM cartridges, we replaced it with a Canon TR8550
multi-function printer - we're using cartridges from Ink Factory and the
printer is happy with them. That works fine with both my Linux Mint
desktop (and laptop) and my wife's Windows 10 desktop - it's connected
over the wired network in our house.

BTW, I also have a Canon Pixma 7250 (inkjet printer only, USB & WiFi
connections) going spare - a friend moved flats and decided she wanted
to replace her desktop PC (running Linux Mint...) with a tablet, and
despite nudging from me (I set the printer up so she could print from
her tablet) she turned out the printer as well. If you're interested,
contact me off list and we'll see if we can arrange a transfer. I live
in Newbury.

Best wishes

Ian

--