[Hampshire] [Hardware] Mouse lag intermittant

Author: rmluglist2--- via Hampshire
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
CC: rmluglist2
Subject: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Mouse lag intermittant
Hi all

I had to upgrade my hardware about a month ago. Aside from the hardware,
the only real difference is I'm running W10 2004 on the new machine whereas
the old one had yet to get its April Windows update. Since moving to new
machine (kvm'd into the same err well kvm!), I've had an intermittent
problem with (wired) mouse delay. It happens sometimes with no warning I
can see. I have:
* Tried a new mouse through the same KVM - no fix.

*    Tried a mouse direct into the new machine's USB - no fix.
*    Upgraded the power supply from 500W to 700W - no fix.
*    Tried with all other USB devices unplugged.
*    Looked at various Windows device settings such as Windows can switch
this device off to save energy or Scroll edges or something similar.

This is a "devil" of a problem to fix because all of the other machines on
the same KVM aren't experiencing the same issue and, as I say, it's
intermittent. I've even tried swapping the bad machine's cable with the
one from a known working machine and it ain't that either.

It's weak evidence but I think it might be to do with how many windows I
have open. That would point to a heat issue I guess - and it is true that
the only fans in the case are CPU and PSU. I've not tried another fan yet
but I'm beginning to think it's the mobo itself.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Please post to: Hampshire@???