Re: [Hampshire] Laptop

Author: Nick Chalk via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Nick Chalk
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Laptop
Hello R.

On Wednesday, 27 January, 2021, you wrote
> That said, for local big data processing, it's
> all about the RAM. Our machines (SP4s-SP7s)
> have 16Gb of RAM and, while they're not perfect
> (especially in terms of heat), they do seem to
> handle most things ok.

Out of interest, how large are the datasets you
work on?

I'd say 16GBytes of memory was on the small size.
Our desktops have 32GBytes, and I've run out of
memory running customer test cases in the past.
Our test servers typically have ~128GBytes.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???