=== "I want to supplement or correct some content on an existing page" ==
- Just click Edit this page at the bottom of the page.
Some pages are locked and as such no edit link appears at the bottom of the page
- Type your changes in the textarea box
- Press the Preview button to test your changes
You have to scroll down to see the changes you've made
- Keep editing and previewing until you're happy
- When finished type a one line summary of what you did in the Summary field, then press the Save button.
=== "I want to create a new page linked from an existing page" ==
- Edit an existing page that you want to put your link on as per above.
Add your new page by simply typing it in CamelCase on the existing page
- Save the page (as per the instructions above)
You should notice the CamelCase text you have added will have a question mark at the end, click it.
- You should be taken to a new page. Fill it in and save as per the above instructions.
=== "I want to create a new page but I'm not sure where to link to it from" ==
Whilst not recommended this is a great way to quickly knock a page together. You will end up with a page that shows up in the RecentChanges and will be returned by searches but won't be hard linked from anywhere.
Visit the wiki URL and add (after wiki.pl) ?YourNewPageName (note the question mark is important)
So the URL might look like this http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?[[YourNewPageName]]
- Follow the instructions above for editing an existing page.