When: 10:00 - 15:00, Sunday 17th April 2005
Where: New Park Centre, New Park Road, Chichester. Map.
- The fair was a small venue divided into two rooms. The smaller room was at the front and the larger room at the back. We were in the smaller room directly opposite the door.
- There were about a dozen traders there.
- There was a constant trickle of people coming round the fair. The fact that a small section of the ring road was closed outside the venue may have reduced "passing trade".
- We only had one table - there had been some confusion about the bookings.
- A handful of visitors spent some time at the stand, using the demo machines and chatting about Linux. We had some nice conversations with people who were already using Linux, and some with people who had heard of Linux but wanted to know more.
- For the first time, we did not break even on the cost of the table.
- We sold 2 Ubuntu packs and 1 Xandros CD.
- We trialed the vertical display unit(s) at the fair. We only had room to erect one though. And we used it at 90 degrees from its intended deployment angle, so that it faced to door as people came in.
- Laura did a full inventory of stock before and afterwards.
- Jenni didn't make it, so Tony added his laptop to Ian's on the display.