When: 10:00 - 15:00, Sunday 20th March 2005
Where: Thorngate Halls, Bury Road, Gosport, PO12 3PX.
- The fair was larger than last time, with the hall approximately twice the size.
- There was one more trader than last time, bringing the total to about 11.
- The fair was pretty busy for the first couple of hours. It tailed off around lunchtime but picked up slightly in the later afternoon.
- A U-shaped stand was set up to separate the LUG from the normal traders, and to invite people to play with the machines.
- A handful of visitors spent some time at the stand, using the demo machines and chatting about Linux. But more stopped briefly to ask a few questions and many read our angled stands attentively, but then passed on.
We sold 4 Knoppix CDs and 1 OpenCD at £2 each.
- We sold 6 Ubuntu packs and 4 Xandros CDs.
Things that we learnt:
- Angled sign holders rock!
- We need to make sure that people know we're not a vendor - people tried to buy our laptops.
- We need to inventory our CDs before and after the event.
- Visual things like video playback and webcams are eye-catching and get people interested.
We need to create an OpenOffice.org Impress presentation (or similar) showing people all the great things that Free Software can do.