CDs for Distribution
- Other ISOs that people might want for "burn on demand":
- Fedora Core
- SUSE Personal
- SUSE Live
- Mandrake Community
- Mandrake Live
- Ubuntu Live
- Simply Mepis
- Damn Small Linux
- Generic labels for burn-on-demand CDs
- Spare jewel cases for burn-on-demand CDs
OpenOffice.org - "Can I edit Word documents/spreadsheets/powerpoints?"
- The GIMP - Ditto for pictures
- Scribus - DTP
- Planner - Project management
- DVD Playing software (with DVD to demo it with!)
- Music download/playing (can I sync this with my iPod/iTunes)
- 3D Gaming (maybe UT or something running in a window)
- IDE (KDevelop / Eclipse etc)
- Xinemara (would need two monitors)
TBH, I'm not sure that this is particularly worth demo-ing, quite apart from the practicalities. It would look OK, but I'm not sure what benefit it would be other than being eyecatching. Probably best with two identical TFT panels.... TonyWhitmore
- Mirror of LUG website (and maybe Jamie's)
Papers for Distribution
See /FlyerContent for details.
- General FLOSS promotional flyer (combine with "What can I do with Linux?" flyer?)
HantsLUG basic flyer
- Coloured paper would be good for flyers
- Display boards
- The LUG Banner
InfoPoint banner / poster
- Posters - "Find out about Linux and Free Software" "Take home a Linux CD today" "Try Linux here"
Several of those plastic things for standing A4 sheets up like this.
- Demonstration systems
Available CD information http://www.streetend.force9.co.uk/misc/infoart/posters
- Any recent Linux Magazines you happen to have lying around for browsing.
- Digital projector / laptop for ceiling type display? (Perhaps only for larger venues)
- Information poster for next meetings
- Cloth(s) to cover table(s) (fairly heavy)
- Digital camera
Need to keep a handful of the badge holders used at the B-a-b meetings back for use at InfoPoints.
- Change for selling CDs. Suggest 50p, £1, £2 coins and a couple of fivers, maybe.
- Mains leads / extensions
- Kettle for tea? (Would have to check with venue re safety)
Volunteer's should bring food and refreshment sufficient for the day.