The venue is on http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=486977&y=149261&z=0&sv=GU11%203RB&st=[[PostCode&lu=N&tl=Lower%20Farnham%20Road%20Aldershot&ar=y&bi=~&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf|Lower Farnham Road]] (the B3208) just off the A31.
- The postcode, for those who use them for navigation, is GU11 3RB.
- The venue is about 1 mile from Aldershot station. It is approximately a 20 minute walk.
If you would like picking up from the station, please ask on the MailingList.
- The No 15 bus does a circular route from the station, the nearest stop being just after The Heron, about 50m from the venue on the opposite side of the road.
- The No. 14 bus stops right outside coming from the direction of Farnham.
- Buses from the train station run every 15 minutes.
- There are 4 parking spaces at the front of the venue. These will be reserved for the use of the disabled, elderly and for those unloading equipment.
- Additional parking is available on the side roads near the venue.
JohnWashington from Surrey LUG has taken http://surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?[[EastHantsMeetings|some photos to help people find the venue]].
- The room has one large hall, with a kitchen area at the rear. There is a raised section of flooring the hall at one end and part of the hall is partitioned off for storing equipment.
- The front desk will be inside the hall, near the building's main entrance.
- The meeting room is on the ground floor. Access is via the entrance at the front of the building.
- Wheelchair access to the venue is via a small ramp through the main entrance. The toilet includes disabled facilities.
- We hope to have the LUG banner displayed outside the hall.
- Internet access is via 2Mbit ADSL, but please do any large ISO downloads before the meeting if you can.
Wireless Networking: Wireless networking will be available.
- If fresh installs are planned we have the latest DVDs of Fedora Core 4, Debian 3.1, Suse 9.3 and Knoppix4 that are available for use.
We are reliant on StephenDavies to provide Internet connectivity. Stephen also provides the wireless connectivity.
- We have to pay a hire fee for use of the venue. You can make a donation towards this cost at the meeting in person.
Alternatively, you can donate in advance via the LUG's Nochex account. Please remember to say that you're donating for meeting attendance on the form.
- There are some local shops near the venue, and a chip shop. There is also a pub, The Heron, but that is possibly best avoided.
You can see photos from meetings at the venue in our gallery. The venue looks like this: