Meetings in Basingstoke have been held at Syan Limited - Technology Services Division.
Syan TSD is on Basing Road, Old Basing, (on the corner of the road just to the east of) RG24 7AL.
Unless you are early, you can watch out for our banner on the sign at the gateway. Like this.
- There are about 10 car parking places available for free in the car park immediately outside the building.
- There are about 20 additional free parking places available in the car park.
From the M3, leave at junction 6, head towards Basingstoke (the only non-motorway exit from the roundabout) and then turn right at the first roundabout along the A30 towards Hook, turn immediately left down the lane (it's ten yards after the end of the roundabout). You will go over a little bridge and then come to a T-junction, turn left, over another bridge (you have right of way) and then turn right at the corner of the road in to "Riverside View". Syan is the third building in. Park where you like.
From the North, get to Basingstoke via your preferred method, you want to head for the top right roundabout of the ringroad (Reading road roundabout) at the junction of the A339 and A33. Take the exit after the A33 (Faraday road, signposted "Old Basing/Basing House" I think), straight over the next roundabout down Swing Swang lane, straight over the mini roundabout, under the railway bridge, turn left at the mini roundabout (right is to the Hampshire clinic if that helps people's bearings), then turn left off at the corner of the road into "Riverside View". Syan is the third building in. Park where you like.
- There are two rooms available. The largest room holds about 14 people, the smaller area about 8.
- The front desk will be at the building's main entrance.
- The meeting rooms are on the first floor. Access to the first floor is via a staircase. There is no lift access.
- Unfortunately, wheelchair access to the building is not easy.
- Internet access is likely to be via 2Mbit SDSL, but please do any large ISO downloads before the meeting if you can.
Wireless Networking: Wireless networking should be available.
Going Away Again
If you arrived via junction 6 you need to go back a different way. Turn right out of the car park, in about 50 yards, turn right at the mini roundabout and go under the bridge, straight over the next mini roundabout, then left at the big roundabout. In about 100 yards you take the left turn and follow it onto the ring road (you'll need to pull out one lane. This ring road takes you to "Black Dam" roundabout just before J6 - so you'll probably want to go straight over and then left/right at the roundabout onto the M3 North / South.