[Hampshire] Talk on building and programming a drone

Author: Lisi Reisz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Talk on building and programming a drone
May I ask those of you who are members of Hack Spaces or Maker Spaces or
groups to publicise this talk to your members, who may well be interested.

Gareth Owenson (né Owen) will be giving a talk on Saturday at the PLUG meeting
entitled "Building and Programming Drones."
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201611.html

Abstract:
“You've seen drones filming stunning video and perhaps even flying
acrobatics, now come and learn how to build and program them. Being
someone who likes to learn by building things from scratch, I'll tell you
about how I went from from knowing nothing about model aircraft five years
ago to building a drone from scratch, including programming a linux
autopilot and manufacturing PCBs - and all the mistakes (and injuries) I
had along the way. We'll cover everything from flight control algorithms
to soldering components that are smaller than a millimetre. Perhaps we'll
even talk about drone hacking too :-)”

Gareth is an expert on security, so the hacking bit should be interesting. ;-)

Lisi

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???