[Hampshire] GoPro Hero 4 Silver "action camera"

Author: Lisi Reisz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] GoPro Hero 4 Silver "action camera"
This seems not to have got through. If it has in fact got through, and this
is the second copy you receive, I apologise. But it isn't so far in the
archives.

I mentioned two projects for Saturday's PLUG meeting. In the end there are
three. Here is Chris Aubrey-Smith's first one. Second to follow.

<quote>
I have a new project. I have acquired a GoPro Hero 4 Silver "action
camera". Familiarisation is slow, not helped by a User Manual approx. 8.5
cm square utilising a font which is too small for me to read without a
magnifying glass. (I can enlarge it a little by reading it on-line, but
today the website is not responding.)

Control involves a lot of unintelligible 'icons' on a 3.5 x 2.5 cm smear
screen, (how I hate them!) and a 2.0 x 1.5 cm LCD. ('Was this such a good
idea?', I ask myself.) I was swayed by the availability of quite a lot of
GPL software, as yet unexplored.

I have resolved one issue: the SD memory card utilises a weird file format
apparently devised by M*cr*s*ft, but a Debian download fixes that.

That's about as far as I've travelled. I shall bring the GoPro (and
accessories) to the next meeting for anyone to satisfy their curiosity, or
perhaps share any experience or offer any guidance.
</quote>

Lisi

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???