[Hampshire] Large Backup for long term storage

Author: rmluglist2--- via Hampshire
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
CC: rmluglist2
Subject: [Hampshire] Large Backup for long term storage
Hi all

I'll spare you all the detail but I need to backup 16Tb to some sort of
archive - i.e. unlikely to ever need it in a hurry. I know 16Tb is a lot
for a "home" situation but I can't find anything reasonable. Can anyone
tell me if there's an option I'm missing:

I've looked at:

* HDD (the cheapest and most fragile)

* Tape (the dearest but prone to mechanical failure) and

* Cloud (privacy issues and would mean an ongoing cost as well as a dreadful
time to upload (16Tb over a 16MBps upload is no joke - and would mean a lot
of checksums to make sure it was all ok once uploaded).

What I need to know is if I've missed an "obvious" solution? Is SD card
reliable for long term storage.

Cheers

Please post to: Hampshire@???