Re: [Hampshire] Where to get Debian computer?

Author: Peter Alefounder via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Where to get Debian computer?
Simon Reep said:
> I think your best bet is to get a barebones computer (Novatech?) and buy a
> magazine with a cover DVD

Would rather have a machine already set up and working.

Chris Sykes said:
> If you don't mind buying used, Bargain Hardware will ship you a PC

Hmm.. rather not. If I'm getting a new computer, I think one that is
actually new one might last longer.

Keith Edwards said:
> > KDE: multiple desktops, focus
> > follows mouse and Konqueror
>
> You may already realise this, but any Linux distro can do all of those.

At the moment, I am using a laptop with Ubuntu. I doubt it would be
fast enough to make multiple desktops practical, but please advise
on how to make focus follow mouse, that would be useful.

Gordon Scott said:
> If you do really want KDE, kubuntu may be a better starting point.

From reading about this, I think Ubuntu + full KDE just about is
kubuntu.

Thanks for all the comments. Still awaiting a response from
Entroware.

Peter Alefounder.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???