[Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - virtual me…

Author: Paul Tansom via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG
CC: Paul Tansom
Subject: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - virtual meet June 19th
You know the drill by now.. we're on Jitsi and the next online PLUG meet
is on Saturday. See you there or, well, erm, not I guess - it is purely
voluntary, but we still don't bite and we have no plans to.

The meet will be slightly later than our in person meets (remember
them?) at 2pm to give everyone enough time to have lunch - virtual
sandwiches aren't as filling!

I did think I may be able to put together a talk on what I've been doing
recently updating my infrastructure with Ansible and Docker (amongst
other things), but time has been far from on my side, so I can talk
about it, but not *do a* talk about it :-)

I've not yet got Ansible deploying Docker containers, and with barely
half a day free to do that before Saturday that seems unlikely, but I
have got plenty of other bits up and running including UFW (with
firewall configuration), OpenSSH (with key deployment), Certbot (only
installed the Snap so far), Dovecot (virtual hosting multiple domains
with accounts), Postfix (almost there, it sends out and passes inbound
mail to Dovecot but I've not got DKIM setup yet, Exim was easier!) and
Docker (installed from their own sources) if anyone wants to talk about
them and the modules involved, etc.

To join head to:

https://meet.jit.si/plugmeet

I'm not sure whether Jitsi has issues with random people joining, but
just in case I will set a password of 'sat21'. If for some reason the
URL above has been grabbed I will update via the list and website (you
don't seem to be able to reserve them).

I use Firefox, but I have heard that some have had issues and recommend
Chrome or Chromium. There is also an app that you will be asked to
download if you are using Android or Apple (it is also available through
F-Droid).

If anyone wants to join by phone I can email a code when the meeting
starts (I don't think it gets created until then with Jitsi), but I have
no idea where you stand on call costs. It came up at the IWPCUG / IOWLUG
meet and I investigated.

See and/or hear you there - so to speak!

Keep safe.

Thanks,
Paul

--