[Hampshire] Joint LUG Event: Lightning talks on Linux audio

Author: Paul Tansom via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG
CC: Paul Tansom
Subject: [Hampshire] Joint LUG Event: Lightning talks on Linux audio
I teased this with my last meeting announcement, and then forgot that
I'd tweaked some of my outbound email settings to work around a block on
the Virgin IP block I send from (I'm not convinced their tech support
were/are technical enough to understand my issue and they've gone quite
now - I'm paying for my newfound speed with no IPv6 and consumer grade
tech support that get lost off script, oh well). I'm sure there's a
quote about the worst decorated house being that of a decorator - I
think that's aimed at not wanting to do work when you get home, so I'm
not sure how it holds up in the world of the computer geek, but my
network is forever in a state of being patched until I can get the time
to finish things!

Anyway, details can be found at:
https://www.meetup.com/belfast-lug/events/280903885/ including
registration and the link to Mozilla Hubs where it will be hosted. A
quick cut and paste of the details gives:

Wednesday, September 29, 2021
6:30 PMto 8:30 PMBST

MULTI-LUG BONUS ROUND - EXTRA LUGS FOR YOUR LUGGING

Short talks from a range of LUG members on a range of desktop audio
topics - coordinated by Edinburgh, Portsmouth and Belfast LUGs.

On Mozilla Hubs - spatially-dependent audio, because audio isn't
complicated enough!

Come and hear (if your audio works) people you normally can't, as we
share community activity with Linux & Libre groups outside Belfast.

So far:

- "a lightning beginner showcase on playing music on terminal through
MOC" - Tai (Edinburgh)
- "a light-quick intro about how to create a song with
jack/ardour/hydrogen" - Nic (Edinburgh)
- "Home office & OBS, a crash course" (TBC)
- "Audio in computers is hard, humans are the problem" - sigma (Belfast)
- "Rosegarden & Friends for Making Classical Extra-Classy (feat.
Pipewire & Bonus Ardour)" - Phil (Belfast)

Still looking for 10min talks, so please keep me posted!

Do try out https://hubs.mozilla.com/ <https://hubs.mozilla.com/> in
advance to make sure, as we tempt the irony of ironies, that your audio
fully works.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. |https://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001