[Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - IRL and vi…

Author: Paul Tansom via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG
CC: Paul Tansom
Subject: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - IRL and virtual meet October 19th
We are back to meetings at Broad Oak this month, with the usual IRL
start of 1pm, and sandwiches will be available (for those attending in
person and wanting to partake).

Things have changed a little since we last met as there are no longer
any doors on the meeting room. It isn't generally noisy and it will help
with ventilation, so shouldn't be an issue. There is also the
possibility that we can use the downstairs meeting room if there isn't a
function on for some meetings - it will be clearly signposted or
announced if we aren't in our usual 'room'.

For those either not wanting to attend in person, or not able to (to far
to travel perhaps), I will be running the Jitsi room to see how the two
work together - one challenge that comes to mind is if everyone at the
meet is on Jitsi as well it may well challenge our bandwidth and data
use, but we will see how it goes.

See you there (virtually or in person) or, well, erm, not I guess - it
is purely voluntary, but we still don't bite and we have no plans to.

To join virtually head to:

https://meet.jit.si/plugmeet

I will enable the lobby as well as the password of 'sat21'. If for some
reason the URL above has been grabbed I will update via the list and
website (you don't seem to be able to reserve them).

I use Firefox, but I have heard that some have had issues and recommend
Chrome or Chromium. There is also an app that you will be asked to
download if you are using Android or Apple (it is also available through
F-Droid).

If anyone wants to join by phone I can email a code when the meeting
starts (I don't think it gets created until then with Jitsi), but I have
no idea where you stand on call costs. It came up at the IWPCUG / IOWLUG
meet and I investigated.

Keep safe.

Thanks,
Paul