Re: [Hampshire] Compiling from source

Author: Nick Chalk via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Nick Chalk
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Compiling from source
On Friday, 17 February, 2023, Rob wrote
> I'm trying to compile Elkulator [1] from
> source.

> The docs tell me that certain libraries need
> installing - which I've done -

The first question is: did you install the -dev
versions of the library packages?

The emulator uses autoconf, so it's worth
recording the output of the configure run. In
fact, I tend to record everything when I'm
building from source. Try something like:

./configure 2>&1 | tee Config-1.log

I append a serial number to the log files, as you
rarely get it right first time. Another tip is to
keep the configure invocation for future
reference.

Once you have the log, check it for errors or
reports of missing elements that you expect to be
there. Depending on how it was set up, configure
can report a dependency as "missing", but still
complete.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???