Re: [Hampshire] Colour Printer Replacement

Author: Roger Munford
To: Aaron West, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Colour Printer Replacement
Aaron,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking at some text printed in landscape.
in black and white the centre third of the page is uneven and smeared.
In colour mode the whole page is covered with coloured smears as if it
was printing a woven textile but not so regular. Black solids print
nicely but coloured solids are scratchy.

The black toner is almost full but the coloureds are almost empty.

We are thinking that this printer has had its time and the economics of
replacement are weird. The toner is so expensive in comparison to the
actual printer. Is this just a marketing ploy or is toner expensive to
manufacture.

Regards

Roger