[Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG meeting Satu…

Author: Paul Tansom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG meeting Saturday, 16th December 2017
The next Portsmouth and South East Hampshire Linux Users Group meeting will be
this coming Saturday, 16th December 2017 from 1pm to 6pm in the Broad Oak
Social Club, Hilsea. Talks start at 3pm.

http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

There is no talk scheduled this month, but the floor is open for anyone who
wants to do a lightning talk. These are 5 minute talks with 2 minutes for
questions afterwards (give or take, if there is time available there's no need
to cut short a good discussion!). The subject can be anything related to Linux
and Open Source, and I would encourage anyone to consider doing something
whatever your level of experience. Nobody knows everything, and it is just as
valuable to hear about a new user's journey as it is to hear an in depth
technical talk (it is a good reminder of where we all started and problems
experienced users overlook).

To get you thinking here are a few suggested areas:

- How you found Linux and what you like or would like to improve.
- A new piece of software you have found and have found useful.
- A problem you are having and would like help with.
- A fun new gadget that works with or runs Linux.

There is no need to put together slides, and with just 5 minutes to fill the
preparation is minimal (or just wing it!).

In addition to the usual sandwiches I will bring along some mince pies to mark
the festive season.

http://portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201712.html

Sandwiches, tech talk and excellent company guaranteed as usual, of course.

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

Thanks,
Paul

--
Pau Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | https://www.aptanet.com/ | 023 9238 0001