Re: [Hampshire] [Golden Oldies] Solaris Boot Order

Author: James Courtier-Dutton via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: James Courtier-Dutton
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Golden Oldies] Solaris Boot Order
On 17 August 2018 at 13:09, Rob Malpass via Hampshire
<hampshire@???> wrote:
> Hi all
>

> Does anyone know how (without a serial link or proper Sun keyboard) to
> interrupt the boot process on a Sun Blade 150 (openboot)?

Ah, so you are looking for the Stop-A key on a non-Sun usb keyboard.
There is a key combination that works, but I don't remember exactly what it is.
When connected to the serial port, it is sending a "break" signal that does it.
I would try using the Left-CTRL, Right-CTRL or ALT or ALT-GR in place
of the STOP key.

Kind Regards

James

--