Re: [Hampshire] file transfer, Android to Ubuntu

Author: Peter Alefounder via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] file transfer, Android to Ubuntu
Thanks Gareth. I tried
https://github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs

It said:
detect failed: no MTP devices found

So I don't think that's the problem. If it were, would
copying of files from XT1032/DCIM/Camera work?

> Also, what problems do you have with Chrome on the website(s) concerned?

On one of them, failure to load properly. It may have been busy,
but a little while later I was able to access it direct from the
phone (also using Chrome, but a later version on a different
system) and downloaded the files in question. Very frustrating that
I can't access them! Another, Facebook, says it soon won't support
the browser. I tried getting AdBlock plus, but was told it was not
compatible. On another site, I could not log on because:

We were unable to confirm that you are an authorized user, because
no "referring URL" was received or it was unrecognized. ... Your
browser normally transmits the referring URL automatically. ...

So problems are many and various.

I'll try Firefox next.

Peter Alefounder.

--