Re: [Hampshire] file transfer, Android to Ubuntu

Author: Gareth Evans via Hampshire
To: Peter Alefounder via Hampshire
CC: Gareth Evans, Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] file transfer, Android to Ubuntu
What is the full text in the address/location bar in the file manager when you view the phone folder containing the files you want to copy?

Also what is the output of

$ mount

while the file manager is viewing the folder concerned?

I wonder if upgrading your OS might solve both the file copying and browser problems. Is that something you can do? Have you ever been able to copy files from the phone? As a temporary solution, could you email them to yourself?

Midori might be worth a look, but not as full-featured. Possibly not available from 14.04 repositories, or not up-to-date there even if it is.

https://www.midori-browser.org/

Gareth