Re: [Hampshire] Detect USB or SATA drive

Author: Stephen Pelc via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: stephen
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Detect USB or SATA drive
>> I’ve tried lsusb and lshw -C disk but neither are helping. lshw
>> keeps telling me they’re all SCSI for example which I know is wrong.
>> They’re all SATA – it’s just that some are connected via USB, some
>> aren’t.

You are probably being caught by the fact that much new hardware,
especially USB, still uses the SCSI command set underneath. For example,
USB discs ad memory sticks usually conform to the Mass Storage Class (MSC)
which uses the SCSI command set across the USB cable.

Stephen

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???