[Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - virtual me…

Author: Paul Tansom via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Paul Tansom
Subject: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - virtual meet September 19th
Another virtual meeting this month, our venue is now open, but not the
section we use. Of course the new rule of 6 restrictions scupper things
anyway, and I'm far from sure how many people would want to meet in
person anyway. I suspect we will continue as virtual until the New Year,
but will keep an eye on things to see how they change.

Apologies for the short notice, it is almost traditional now! I have
been battling toothache with limited dental service and sorting out a
test so we can get out of isolation (so I couldn't run an IRL meet
anyway). All of which has distracted me, but I will host on Jitsi as
usual for anyone who wishes to have a chat - the (new) usual virtual
meet details are below.

The meet will be slightly later than our in person meets at 2pm to give
everyone enough time to have lunch - virtual sandwiches aren't as
filling!

To join head to:

https://meet.jit.si/plugmeet

I'm not sure whether Jitsi has issues with random people joining, but
just in case I will set a password of 'sat20'. If for some reason the
URL above has been grabbed I will update via the list and website (you
don't seem to be able to reserve them).

I use Firefox, but I have heard that some have had issues and recommend
Chrome or Chromium. There is also an app that you will be asked to
download if you are using Android or Apple (it is also available through
F-Droid).

If anyone wants to join by phone I can email a code when the meeting
starts (I don't think it gets created until then with Jitsi), but I have
no idea where you stand on call costs. It came up at the IWPCUG / IOWLUG
meet and I investigated.

See and/or hear you there - so to speak!

Keep safe.

Thanks,
Paul

--