Re: [Hampshire] Rails 101

Author: Rob via Hampshire
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
CC: malpass9875
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Rails 101
Thanks for all the replies. At the risk of asking a daft question (wouldn't be my first time on this list)...

Are rails interchangeable within a manufacturer? I.e. Will any Dell rail fit any Dell server? Will any HP rail fit any HP server?

What I can't really understand is bargainhardware telling me that they don't have rails for cheap servers. If, as I expect, rails are unique to that particular server i.e. not all Dell rails are the same, then why would there be no rails for cheaper 2nd hand servers?

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Please post to: Hampshire@???