[Hampshire] dealing with multiple IPs on a single system

Author: A. J. Trickett via Hampshire
To: Hampshire
CC: A. J. Trickett
Subject: [Hampshire] dealing with multiple IPs on a single system
Hi,

Happy New Year!

For the longest time I had one IP and one name per system, on my
simple home network. Everything was connected to everything else
and I used NAT to hide everything on a private network.

I recently added WireGuard VPNs, so now everything has two IP
addresses, and overtime I've added more dual wired/wireless kit,
which has two IPs to start with.

My current ISP provides an IPv4 and IPv6 address for the house
which technically isn't static, but as far they have never
actually changed. So now most of my boxes have two IPv6 addresses
as well.

If I want to SSH to a box from another box it may now have two
IPv4 addresses and two IPv6 addresses, I don't actually care which
I use, but I'd rather not give everything one name per IP and I'd
prefer to SSH to a name not an IP...

What have other people done, if anything?

--
Adam Trickett
Saint-Malo, Bretagne, FRANCE

Norton Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This
provides more security than wiping with decimal values.
    -- from the manual of Norton Systemworks 2002, pg 160

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???