Re: [Hampshire] dealing with multiple IPs on a single system

Author: A. J. Trickett via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: A. J. Trickett
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] dealing with multiple IPs on a single system
Brad,

> > What have other people done, if anything?
> >

> I tend to use separate subdomains for my LAN and VPN. That allows me to set
> up my hosts files so that from any given machine, the short name will be on
> the most appropriate entry for any given machine. For example,
> ragnar.teched-creations.com (an AWS EC2 instance at the moment) has the
> following entry on caprica.lan.teched-creations.com and
> galactica.lan.teched-creations.com:

Thanks, that is what I was leaning towards in the end...

--
Adam Trickett
Saint-Malo, Bretagne, FRANCE

Norton Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This
provides more security than wiping with decimal values.
    -- from the manual of Norton Systemworks 2002, pg 160

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???