Re: [Hampshire] Debian DVDs

Author: Artur Łądka via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Artur Łądka, Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian DVDs
Best way to have/install virtually any Linux distro nowadays (even
applies to MS Windows 10!) is to download iso image from official
website and put it on USB stick. It is way faster, easier, cheaper and
more eco friendly than burning DVD. I will also suggest to use netinst
image rather than full one, as you must have - even if not decent -
unlimited broadband available - as installer will download most recent
packages during setup process anyway.

I am more than happy to prepare for you microSD/SD card with Debian
installer (BluRay 5.4GB image). I can also burn DVD for you but I don't
have DVD writer at home and I am not sure when I will be next time in
the office. Whole installation process is no different for USB as in all
recent computers when selecting boot media USB option is equal to CD/DVD.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???