Re: [Hampshire] Debian/KDE problems

Author: aidangcole--- via Hampshire
To: Peter Alefounder via Hampshire
CC: aidangcole@btinternet.com
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian/KDE problems
Peter

Workspaces:
I feel you pain, as traditionally using workspaces as I wish has
historically been a useful and productive part of my own workflows.
This isn't a Debian thing, it is a Plasma thing. KDE in their wisdom
seem to have decided that 'Activities' is where it's all at now. First
you need to define your desired 'Activity' and from there you can the
set about setting up your workspaces as desired, including custom or
different desktop backgrounds.

Meanwhile titles and so forth are defined in the system setting
appearance sections.

Konqueror - - sorry haven't a clue

From memory I think you will probably now find with Debian 7.1 that
disks are mounted using the disk's UUID