Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu libncurses5

Author: Aaron West
To: Peter Alefounder, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu libncurses5
I would search my system for it as it claims to be installed, sometimes(I'm
not an ubuntu user...) you will find it with an extra version number so you
can just symlink it... Like:

[aaron@home-virt ~] find / -name libncurses.so.5*
/lib64/libncurses.so.5.1

Or even "find / -name libncurses.so*" to find all version of libncurses...
Then:

[aaron@home-virt ~] ln -s /lib64/libncurses.so.5 /lib64/libncurses.so.5.1

Fairly hacky... But better to find the one closest to the version you'll
need...