Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry PI

Author: Adam John Trickett via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Adam John Trickett, Roger Munford via Hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Raspberry PI
Roger.

> I have a friend who has an impressively automated house and you might
> want to aim at something a bit more sophisticated.
>
> First of all the user interface. He has an old smartphone with a 3d
> printed holder which makes a smart control mounted on the wall. He has a
> nice user interface which his wife his pleased with. He also stores his
> data so he can see how the system is performing.
>
> You might want to control each individual radiator and zone the house
> with an individual temperature sensor and power relay. The bathroom
> would be the obvious room to zone.

I've actually got not choice, the rads are hardwired to the mains, some of
them have a pilot wire, some don't, and I don't think they are on separate
circuits, so I'll need to control them individually anyway! So unless I re-
wire the house I'm committed to one controller per rad - giving total of 4
rads in 3 zones.

I could almost tolerate the current design if there was a timer on them, but
they are all half baked, and even have exposed wire junctions!

--
Adam Trickett
Saint-Malo, Bretagne, France

I've found that people who are great at something are
not so much convinced of their own greatness as
mystified at why everyone else seems so incompetent.
    -- Paul Graham, "Great Hackers" 2004

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???