Re: [Hampshire] Old fart needs digital makeover urgent

Author: Gordon Scott via Hampshire
To: hampshire, rogermunford
CC: Gordon Scott
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Old fart needs digital makeover urgent
Hi Roger,

I shouldn't worry about your son's opinion on that unless he's willing
to do it for you.

These days everything seems very 'phone-centric, so a pragmatic answer
might bi 'phone or tablet and a Bluetooth speaker.  There are some quite
good speakers from Bose and JBL, but even at my 67 years, I find the
sound quality of my Bose Revolve leaves something to be desired.  I've
ripped most my CDs into .ogg format onto my fileserver, though with
hindsight .flac would have been a better format. The .ogg files of
around 4000 tracks uses about 23G.

There are multi-room systems, but I know little more about them than I'm
not paying that much to replace my very nice traditional Hi-Fi system.

Good ear-buds may be the cheapest and most pragmatic solution of the
lot. There are some excellent wireless in-ear monitoring systems for
musicians, from the likes of AKG, Shure, Sennheiser, though then you
have a small body-pack and a short cable to wear.

Gordon

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???