Re: [Hampshire] Debian flash drive mount problem

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG List
CC: Brad Rogers
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian flash drive mount problem

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58400050.hantslug.org.uk.10795': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jun 2 14:51:36 2020 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9B00C02592448A31EF971B350F3EE001F02A3E20
On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 21:11:10 +0000 (UTC)
Peter Alefounder via Hampshire <hampshire@???> wrote:

Hello Peter,

>man mount gave me the impression it was possible, but it could do with
>a few examples.

I feel your pain. However, man pages aren't supposed to be tutorials.
Of course, some are man pages are better written than others.

This page may be useful for getting info about various commands;
http://cb.vu/unixtoolbox.xhtml

Also, I find that, quite often, Arch Linux wiki pages give excellent
guidance on multiple subjects. The mount command is probably no
exception.

Then, of course, there's always your $FavourtieSearchEngine.

--
 Regards  _
We don't give a damn

--