Re: [Hampshire] One for sed experts

Author: Rob via Hampshire
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
CC: malpass9875
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] One for sed experts
That’s done the trick – thanks.

From: Hampshire <hampshire-bounces@???> On Behalf Of Marc Loftus via Hampshire
Sent: 04 July 2020 11:17
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List <hampshire@???>
Cc: Marc Loftus <marc@???>

The problem is not the spaces, the problem is the "\" which becomes an escape character, so sed is looking for c:usersfreditunes mediamusic

I created a test file with references in it as per your C dir example (Called it test2)

After running an updated command to allow the back slashes to be seen:

sed -i 's^c:\\users\\fred\\itunes\\itunes media\\music\\^x:\\anotherfolder\\^g' test2

It updated the file with the directories changed.

[marc@Surface7~]$ cat test2
c:\users\fred\itunes\itunes media\music\1.3mu
c:\users\fred\itunes\itunes media\music\2.3mu
c:\users\fred\itunes\itunes media\music\3.3mu
c:\users\fred\itunes\itunes media\music\4.3mu
[marc@Surface7~]$ sed -i 's#c:\\users\\fred\\itunes\\itunes media\\music\\#x:\\anotherfolder\\#g' test2
[marc@Surface7~]$ cat test2
x:\anotherfolder\1.3mu
x:\anotherfolder\2.3mu