Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Mouse lag intermittant

Author: James Courtier-Dutton via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: James Courtier-Dutton
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Mouse lag intermittant
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 11:41, rmluglist2--- via Hampshire
<hampshire@???> wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I had to upgrade my hardware about a month ago. Aside from the hardware, the only real difference is I’m running W10 2004 on the new machine whereas the old one had yet to get its April Windows update. Since moving to new machine (kvm’d into the same err well kvm!), I’ve had an intermittent problem with (wired) mouse delay. It happens sometimes with no warning I can see. I have:

Hi,

I can't really comment on the Windows aspect.
But, when the disk (HDD or SSD) is being accessed, this can delay or
drop mouse input.

I find tools like telegraf, influx, grafana (TIG) help here
(collecting metrics), because they can centrally monitor the server
and draw pretty graphs.

You could then note down the times when the mouse was slow, and see if
that coincides with disk accesses.

Kind Regards

James

--