Re: [Hampshire] raspberry pi and educational software

Author: Gordon Scott via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Gordon Scott
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] raspberry pi and educational software
Hi Roger,

I'll give an anecdote.

The Raspberry Pi runs a hardware-tweaked version of Linux and I was
surprised at just how well it performs and what's installable from the
repositories.  I bought one out of curiosity then, after a machine
failure, put it into my home networks as a DMZ and postfix mail host as
a temporary fix.  system, load with "w" was 0 0 0, even with anti-spam
running.  Oh; right; let's try anti-virus filtering, too.  Still around
0 0 0. Wow.  Later I also added a squid proxy ... system load still modest.

It stopped being a temporary fix ... it's still there.

I would suggest they get one and try it for their wanted purposes.  I
think they'll be pleasantly surprised at what it can do.

https://tutorials-raspberrypi.de/

https://www.makershop.de/raspberry-pi

https://www.raspberrypi.com

https://thepihut.com/

In a hot climate the standard Pi may well want some heat-sinking.  I've
used these cases:
https://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-cases/products/aluminium-armour-heatsink-case-for-raspberry-pi-4

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???